March 01, 2007

Men At Work Plus A Mile Stone - Theme Day - #181


For the monthly theme day I was torn between art and commerce.

I saw commerce immediately, what with the much publicised Dubai worker conditions, Dubai's economic growth and construction of some of the most ambitious and odd projects in the world as as being an obvious topic.

However I had to shun the darkside and look to the light...

With some difficulty I had to choose art over commerce as I felt it was the right thing to do. By the way - I'm not calling my shots art, they are images of the process of making art. A process I am grateful to be associated with. These are from the film set I came across at the weekend. These are the men at work I choose to celebrate on this theme day.

For those interested, here are the clapper board details for posterity...



And on a small personal note - both Dubai Daily Photo and my DP twin's Shanghai Daily Photo are six months old today!

A massive 62 Daily Photo sites are participating in the 1st March theme, "Men at work", please use the links to below to visit them.

Due to time zone differences and other factors, the theme photo may not be displayed until later if you are viewing early in the day.

1 (Porto (Portugal) ) -2 (Greenville SC (USA) ) -3 (Hyde (UK) ) -4 (Tenerife (Spain) ) -5 (Albuquerque, NM (USA) ) -6 (Stayton, OR (USA) ) -7 (Rotterdam (NL) ) -8 (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) ) -9 (London (England) ) -10 (Richmond, VA (USA) ) -11 (Sydney -Sally (Australia) ) -12 (Newcastle upon Tyne (England) ) -13 (Constanta (Romania) ) -14 (Evry (France) ) -15 (Lubbock, TX (USA) ) -16 (Szentes (Hungary) ) -17 (Villigen (Switzerland) ) -18 (Mumbai (India) ) -19 (Tel Aviv (Israel) ) -20 (Twin Cities, MN [USA] ) -21 (Jakarta (Indonesia) ) -22 (Houston -Candice & Megan, TX (USA) ) -23 (Budapest (Hungary) ) -24 (Singapore - Zannnie (Singapore) ) -25 (Dubai (UAE) ) -26 (Singapore -Keropokman (Singapore) ) -27 (Madrid -Dsole (Spain) ) -28 (Mazatlan -Kate (Mexico) ) -29 (Nelson (New Zealand) ) -30 (Vantaa (Finland) ) -31 (Kyoto (Japan) ) -32 (Tokyo (Japan) ) -33 (Joplin, MO (USA) ) -34 (Auckland (New Zealand) ) -35 (Sequim, WA (USA) ) -36 (Menton (France) ) -37 (Minneapolis, MN (USA) ) -38 (Istanbul (Turkey) ) -39 (Sydney -Nathalie (Australia) ) -40 (Sharon, CT (USA) ) -41 (Seattle, WA (USA) ) -42 (Anderson, SC (USA) ) -43 (Monte Carlo, (Monaco) ) -44 (Milano, (Italy) ) -45 (Grenoble (France) ) -46 (Wailea, HI (USA) ) -47 (Guelph, ON (Canada) ) -48 (Melbourne - John (Australia) ) -49 (New York City (USA) [Ming_the_Merciless] ) -50 (Cebu (Philippines) ) -51 (Bandung (Indonesia) ) -52 (Antigua Guatemala (Central America) ) -53 (Hamburg (Germany) ) -54 (London -Jonemo (UK) ) -55 (Hong Kong ) -56 (Stavanger (Norway) ) -57 (Paris (France) ) -58 (Naples, Florida (USA) ) -59 (Saarbrücken (Germany) ) -60 (Shanghai (China) ) -61 (Quito (Ecuador) ) -62 (Zurich (Switzerland))

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good photo, I like it! The sepia works really well, as does the sense of looking up to see the action.

jonemo said...

Congratulations to half a year photoblogging. Not many blogs manage to keep my interest for so long but I am an (almost) daily visitor to this place!

I like today's picture but I still don't quite understand why the clapperboard is so huge - or is that just me being tricked by the perspective? How did you get so close to the action, are you working with the film people?

And your photo reminds me that I have to post my first ever theme day picture as well!

Anonymous said...

exciting entry! any "stars" at work?

Ps. Happy 6th months!

Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

trés interessant ces clichés, j'invites moi aussi a la decouverte du tournage du dernier Bela Tarr à Bastia sur

http://terravecchia.blogspot.com/

a prestu...

Anonymous said...

aah, cool shot with cool people on it :)

Jing said...

hey, twin's bro, happy 6th months too!
I like these photos, some art pieces from the daily life, cool~~~
:))
and i have to say i like the second one more: the light, the combination...and that guy's posture....lack of word to describle!!

have the nice Spring!
jing

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your six month anniversary. And good choice for the theme.

Dubai Sunshine said...

I love the clapper board shot...love the color, love the kid in the background....it's just really cool :) Congrats on your 6-month anniversary of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 6 months! Love the perspective, especially legs & shoes in the foreground.

Steve Cuddihy said...

great low angle shot. nice feel to the photos.

edwin s said...

Great choice of shots and Happy 6th Month Anniversary!

Sally said...

Just love it!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Very different take on this theme. Bet you're the only one with this!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Excellent! Unusual and fun!

Congrats on your six months... speaking of which I just realise I've past myself on the 24Feb without celebrating!!!

Gerald (SK14) said...

A nicely unique take on the theme.

Anonymous said...

Great image for today. Congrats on the six months.

Olivier said...

felicitation pour tes 6 mois, je te souhaite une bonne continuité.
tres bon theme, j'aime beaucoup.

congratulation for your 6 months, I wish you a good continuity. very good topic, I like much.

Ham said...

Like the sepia

kuanyin333 said...

Congrats on your birthday! Mine is very close to you agewise! :-) Like the sepia...but more, I like your words!

Anonymous said...

Nice shot!

Ben Nakagawa said...

Very nice, great photography.
I like second image.