August 01, 2007

Postcard From The Future - #334


Dear Daily Photo,

I suspect that this message will be greeted with a dose of scepticism, however I assure you this photo record has been sent from me, Bluey - here today, August 2nd 2028. I'm now 55 years old and I still live in the city I used to call Dubai.

You'll be shocked to learn that Space City has been abandoned as a loss now, the desert blasted in 5 mad minutes and turned to glass. The dunes now look like ornamental crap the Gods would buy one another on a cheap holiday. The last remnants of the new Bedouins of Urb_Arabia are leaving.

Anyway - I need to be brief, I need you to remember these simple truths, axioms for life if you like...

1) Listen to the dolphins, they will thank you for all the fish, however a desert is not the place for them.

2) De La Soul were right. 3 is the magic number.

TTFN,

Space Cpt DX. Bluey

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

But is Dubai changing for the better?

Chuckeroon said...

So it's not 42 afterall?

DXBluey said...

Apartment 112 - are you my neighbour? I live is apt 113. If you are - 2 things, please stop stealing my internet connection and newspapers and secondly I'm sorry that the music gets a bit loud...

'roon - 42 is the answer, 3 is the magic number. Make mine a 99.

Alexander said...

Hmmm. You might just be as overdue leave as me... >;0)

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

All this is funny and the photo wonderful :-)

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Ha! :) Thanks for the heads up about the dolphins Bluey ;-)

kunal grover said...

http://picasaweb.google.com/grover.kunal/KameraKunalKreekDubai

please comment!!! u may add to your page ....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the fish!!
haha
I love where that came from!
cheers

www.simplycircular.wordpress.com

Bravecat said...

Hahaha awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think its great building, if you looking Dubai Real Estate Property, you can go there.