January 01, 2007

The Best Of Last Year - #123


Happy New Year!

To start the year we have our monthly theme day and this time the theme is the best shot of 2006. This is my personal favourite, I only posted it recently so it's a little weird posting it again so quickly, but it really is my favourite shot of the year!

The 2 runner up shots were:

Blooop x 1,000

and

Langdons Cascade

Wishing you the very best for 2007.

Bluey

52 Daily Photo sites are participating in the 1st January theme, "My best photograph from last year", please use the links to below to visit them.

Due to time zone differences and other factors, the theme photo may not be displayed until later if you are viewing early in the day.

1 (Porto (Portugal) ) -2 (Albuquerque, NM (USA) ) -3 (St. Paul, (USA) Kate ) -4 (Greenville,SC (USA) ) -5 (Stayton, OR (USA) ) -6 (Szentes (Hungary) ) -7 (Hyde (UK) ) -8 (London (UK) ) -9 (Dubai (UAE) ) -10 (Buenos Aires (Argentina) ) -11 (Shanghai (China) ) -12 (Nelson (New Zealand) ) -13 (Twin Cities, MN (USA) ) -14 (Joplin MO (USA) ) -15 (Stavanger (Norway) ) -16 (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) ) -17 (Not Strictly Seattle, WA (USA) ) -18 (Jakarta (Indonesia) ) -19 (Auckland (New Zealand) ) -20 (Sharon, CT (USA) ) -21 (Evry (France) ) -22 ((Aust) John ) -23 (Newcastle upon Tyne (England) ) -24 (Paris (France) ) -25 (Bandung (Indonesia) ) -26 (Brussels (Belgium) ) -27 (Minneapolis MN (USA) ) -28 (Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) ) -29 (Seattle, WA (USA) ) -30 (Budapest (Hungary) ) -31 (Singapore by Zannnie (Singapore) ) -32 (Tenerife (Spain) ) -33 (Santa Clara, CA (USA) ) -34 (Houston, TX (USA) ) -35 (Sydney by Nathalie (Aust) ) -36 (San Diego, CA (USA) ) -37 (Vancouver, BC (Canada) ) -38 (Singapore by KeropokMan (Singapore) ) -39 (East Lansing, MI (USA) ) -40 (Sydney by Sally (Australia) ) -41 (Tucson, AZ (USA) ) -42 (Nottingham (UK) ) -43 (Sequim, by Norma ) -44 (Hong Kong ) -45 (Vantaa, Finland ) -46 (Kyoto (Japan) ) -47 (Tokyo (Japan) ) -48 (Chattanooga ) -49 (Santiago (Chile) ) -50 (erlin (Germany) ) -51 (Trondheim (Norway) ) -52 (Delta, CO (USA))

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photo!

Happy New Year from Albuquerque Daily Photo!

Kim said...

Bluey, somehow I knew it would be a camel, but my fave shot lingers in memory of the fellow with the serious face in full caftan in the desert. You have so many great shots, though. This one reminds me of the camel that spat on me at the zoo when I was very young. . .fun shot. Happy New Year to you!
-Kim

Ham said...

So many of your pics are excellent, but this would have been my favourite, too, with or witout the fly! Happy New Year from London

Gerald (SK14) said...

brings a smile -- happy 2007

Kris said...

Bluey,
you are one of the blogs I stalk which i hardly leave a comment. Just wanted to let u know, your one liner style of writing is interesting , crack me sometimes :)

Cheers to 2007!

edwin s said...

brilliant choice this camel :)

have a great year ahead bluey!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Buenos Aires daily :)

Matthieu said...

I like this one so much !

Some people would certainly take a non smoking resolution in 2007 (you may have heard of Camel).

Happy new year 2007 and best wishes for the following days.

Lisi said...

I totally agree this is your best (so far, more to come for sure)! I once tried to take a similar shot of my sister's golden retriever and when I got close enough, the dog gave the lense a friendly lick...ouch!

Anonymous said...

A great representative shot of Dubai. I always enjoy your site, and I look forward to many more wonderful photos in 2007.

Ame said...

Hi from Santa Clara DP! Cute shot...did you use a zoom? Here's wishing an awesome 2007 to you! Ame -)

Kate said...

Your camel shot is unique among the bloggers. Great choice!

Carol E. said...

I love this shot and am glad you chose it. I missed it the first time around. Love your runner up, the bloops, also. You have some really great photos at your site.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. What a gorgeous face.

Kiwi Boy said...

Happy New Year! May 2007 be full of love, life and laughter for all of us.

~tanty~ said...

Good choice and it was a great shot!
Happy New Year Bluey!

Anonymous said...

I can't help but grin when I look at this.

Happy New Year!

Michael Salone said...

Oh I was hoping you'd pick this shot! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

Beautiful choice! I've really enjoyed your work, and look forward to more exceptional photos from you in 2007!

Anonymous said...

Great photo and great fun!

Have a great year you too!

Cheers

Jenny said...

You definitely made the right choice! I find your blog fascinating - such a window on a world we see little of, back here in mainstream America! Happy New Year -- here's to many more photos and many more new friendships!

Bill said...

Cool shot. I have really enjoyed you site over the past months. Thanks much!

Unknown said...

Oh, surprising!! Nice capture!!

A happy new year in 2007 from Tokyo:-))

Candice and Megan said...

I remember this one!! Still makes me laugh! Happy New Year from Houston Daily Photo!

DXBluey said...

Helen - Thanks kindly & the best to you too!

Kim - I love that shot too! Thanks for coming here so often! I'm sorry you were spat on! Have a great 2007.

Lavender Lady - I did have a hard time, just becuase I know them all so well! Thanks for coming by.

Ham - Thank you for such generous comments - have a great new year in a favourite place for me, London town. Cheers!

Gerald - thanks for all your comments!

Kris - I'm so pleased that you check DXB out sometimes and we entertain! I check you too and likewise don't leave a comment - I must change this as you are great!

Edwin S - You just get better and better my friend! Keep on posting such great images. Have a great year!

Karine - I promise to visit more often!

Matthieu - Real camel = good. Cigarette camel = bad :)

Hope you have a great year!

Lisi - The camel licked several times too! Believe me they have rough tongues!

Ruth - Thanks! Looking forward to your shots of 2007!

Ame - Used a macro setting on my point and shoot. The camel's nose was about 3cm (yes centimeter) from the lense. Have a great 2007!

Kate - I am very honoured with a comment like that - thank you.

Luggi - I have a special place in my DP Blogger heart just for you. Thanks!

Carol - thank you.

Pamela - Oh. You meant the camel :( !!! Have a great 2007!

KIWI BOY! Hey my DXB Buddy - Have a great 2007. Thanks for coming by and digging the site - I do appreciate it.

Tanty - Thanks! Have a great NY 2007!

Susan - That's is a great reaction! I am pleased with that. Cheers!

Michael - to be honest, how could I not pick it! Thanks for all your cool support. Cheers for 2007!

Chris & Deb - my humble thanks! All the best!

Lachezar - Thanks again, you keep posting those great shots too!

Jenny - Likewise, I have always wished to visit "small town America" and I can with you site. Thanks for coming by!

Bill - Sincere best wishes for 2007 - you have had a rough time this year. My very kindest wishes to you and your family.

Macky - Come by here again! I love your blog as it reminds meof my short vist a few years back. I love Tokyo! All the best!

Candice & Megan - Thank for the wishes, I have a friend in Houston so it's cool to see the city!

TO EVERYONE - THANK YOU! Have a great 2007.

Your friend,

Bluey! x

Shorty said...

Absolutely adore this photo. It's soooo cute. It also reminds me of all that advertising for Camel cigarettes that went on a few years ago in the U.S. I don't think I've dropped by your blog before, but I'm sure I'll be dropping by more often.