September 15, 2006

Musandam Or Bust! Panorama Me Baby! - #15


I love trying new photo techniques and this is one of my favourite results.

This is 9 shots blended to form a panorama. There are panaorama "stitching" programs available or photoshop can be used just as well... I will admit some help was given to me on putting this together, however the shots are all mine of course.

This is where I cheat a little, this is about 3 hours from Dubai in an Omani enclave called Musandam. It is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. Rugged and wild, it has been called the Norway of Arabia as it has cliffs plunging straight into the see a la ffyords. We saw dolphins and sharks, swam with tropical fish and had an amazing time... more shots of this stunning place will appear...

This panorama is at the top of the scariest steepest single track road you can imagine! But worth it - what a view. This was taken on a rare cloudy rainy day and it adds to the drama I think.

12 comments:

~tanty~ said...

Wow .. beautiful! And the road looks like a white snake. Here in Norway we call it fjord. Very good photo!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your images and comments. Incredible view in your post today.

DXBluey said...

Tanty - as always thank you for your cool words. fford sounds better, I wasn't sure of my spelling!

db - my pleasure, really. thank you for your words. I hope I can keep your attention... thanks again.

Bluey.

Woke said...

Excellent photo!

Anonymous said...

This place is amazing. Great shot

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Great stuff, it's the first time I've visited and you have some great images here!

Dubai-Informer said...

Hey DXBluey, you have some pretty good shots here. Good camera and of course a real good photographer i guess ;-)

Dubai Informer

Unknown said...

Simply Amazing shot, I like your site. You're right, we are both out to show a unique side of the UAE

Unknown said...

Simply Amazing shot, I like your site. You're right, we are both out to show a unique side of the UAE

Unknown said...

Your blog make me excited about the Musandam Dibba trip. :)

jony said...

Musandam Dibba is a great place every day there are lot of tourists came here by its attraction.

Brody said...

Musandam Khasab is very nice place where you enjoy lot of fun